Friday, May 06, 2011

Closer to the finish

Yesterday I had two separate adventures totaling 30 miles.

I went to the Trans Canada Trail, which is pretty cool, it is a trail over old railroad tracks. Once the trail is complete it will connect across the entire country of Canada. Much of the trail is complete already, the one in Windsor goes out to Kingsville, which is about a 40ish mile ride round trip. I had never ridden this trail so I drove out to it and gave it 13.5 miles. It is not paved and a little pebbly, thus slowing me down a few MPH. I enjoyed the lack of traffic and the scenery, I did not enjoy road crossings every couple miles and the terrain slowing me down.

Check out the trail http://www.tctrail.ca/tlocator/tlocator_en.html

After stopping home and taking the pups out for a tinkie, I went back to a local area where I like to ride, gave that 16.5 miles, putting me at 30 for the day.  I was previously at 47.5 so adding 30 puts me up to 77.5 out of 100 for this week. Now I am on the home stretch!

It is supposed to rain the next couple of days, I won't let that stop me from reaching my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment