Thursday, May 05, 2011

Progress....and some Bitching

Ok, so Tuesday I decided I was going to run. It was NOT enjoyable. I felt like a slug with zero energy, I figured it was because I had rode a fair distance the day before....after some more thought....I think it was just because I hadn't had any coffee that morning *insert cheesy shrill horror music* I ended up rounding my 27.5 mileage tally up to 30 with a 2.5 mile run that felt like 100, ugh.

Last night I went out for a ride after work, did my best to get as much in as I could with the remaining daylight. I ended up with 17.4 brining my tally to 47.4 out of 100 for the week.

 There were people everywhere! I get annoyed when people get in my way, even if they have every right to, I'm just a bitch that way. I get really irritated when there is a 10 foot wide path with a yellow line down the middle and one group of people blocks the entire roadway. HELLO, this is not considerate of others! Not everyone wants to walk, Rollerblade, bike, walk dogs, meander aimlessly at your friggin pace! Kill!
So, needless to say, as the weather gets nicer I need to find a less congested area to ride. The congested area only makes up for about 8-10 miles of my ride, but still.

Not to bitch and bitch, but there is another thing I would like to address about public trails. If you are strolling along a trail that people use for fitness of any kind, how do you think it is ok to SMOKE on these trails? OK, I used to be a smoker, I understand that "hey, it's outside" or "I can't even smoke inside anymore, now you wanna bitch about smoking on a trail?" YES, I want to complain big time! Step away from the trail please, be courteous. If I wanted to inhale stomach wrenching fumes, I would find a big stinky semi or a garbage truck to follow throughout my ride or run, I wouldn't go to a public athletic trail.
Smokers- You have no idea how stinky you are, until you quit. I had no idea how my stench carried and embedded into my clothes and went up everyones noses until I stopped smoking, now I know what it's like and let me tell you, it is very offensive. It is doubly offensive when your body is working hard and vulnerable to smells and tastes. I know what it's like to be on both ends of this equation, it is much more difficult to stomach smoke stench during exertion, than it is to be courteous and move your ass 20 feet to the side of a trail, so others aren't negating their fitness efforts.


Bitching Over. Nuff Said.

2 comments:

  1. You're probably thinking "ANOTHER comment from Sherry?" Yes...I'm sorry but I must comment. This post cracked me up! THANK YOU for speaking MY mind! My mom quit smoking over 10 years ago and still gets annoyed at how smelly smokers are. I tell her MOM... I told you for YEARS!! But she said the same thing, you don't realize it until you quit and now I think she is more turned off by the smell than me (I've never smoked.) As for smoking on the trail, I could not agree with you more. When running on our TART trail I have to hold my breath past groups of smokers. It's annoying. How about those people who smoke while biking... what's with that?!! Keep up the great work! I'm proud of you. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry,
    I appreciate comments.As many as you want! I don't hate smokers, I hate their smoke in my lungs!

    ReplyDelete