Monday, May 09, 2011

101 Mile week and BURNED!

Well, I did it.....and it was great! 6 days, 101 miles, 96 on a bike and 5 on foot. I am happy that i set a high, but obtainable goal, and accomplished it, plus 1!

Some friends and family thought I was putting too much on my plate too early, some thought I was CRAZY and going to hurt myself. I'm not really one to set myself up for failure, I like to succeed, I knew I could do this and my body feels great.

Some of you who are avid runners and cyclists think 100 mile week is like a vacation, so there are always multiple perspectives. My goal is to challenge and strengthen myself  where I am (my body), not compared to what anyone else thinks, or can, or can not do.

All of that being said; here is my week in review:

Monday 5/2/11 -      27.5 mile ride

Tuesday 5/3/11 -      2.5 mile run

Wednesday 5/4/11 - 17.5 mile ride

Thursday 5/5/11 -     30 mile ride

Friday 5/6/11 -         10 mile ride (on indoor bike SUCKED) and 2.5 mile run

Saturday 5/7/11 -     11 mile ride and the most rewarding thus far!


Sunday was the first day I have not exercised in 3 weeks, I thought it was well deserved. I suppose scrubbing our pool with a long pole and brush and taking a leisurely 4 mile bike ride with Jake and Kath could count as some form of exercise, but not focused. We spent the latter portion of the day BAKING in the sun. I am VERY burned, WoW and OUCH! It is going to be gorgeous again today and I'll want to be in the sun, I'll have to cover up, or hide in the shade.

So now for WEEK 4 of Flabby to Fabbylous.

My plan for this week is not as intense as last week, but equally as important. The focus this week will be core strengthening, general strengthening and stretching. I will be incorporating yoga, lots of free weight exercises, some total gym and of course some cardio, like running and biking, but not a set amount, just whatever comes. I also want to continue to focus on some detoxification using dandelion tea and lots and lots of water and water with lemon.

Time to keep on truckin' toward Fabbylous.

No comments:

Post a Comment