Friday, August 05, 2011

I'm not Slim Shady, but I'm back ...just shady.

Hey y'all.

Well I took myself a break from blogging and a break from my intensive workout program. I am proud of what I had accomplished back in the spring. I tend to be all or nothing when it comes to exercise and nutrition, I need to teach myself that it doesn't have to be that way, small steps are ok and not a fail. It may take me some time to convince myself that I can be both, intensive and non intensive, simultaneously, and still have results with both fitness and physique. For some reason I feel like I need to workout for 2 hours to really have it be worth while. Inside myself I know this is not true and I need to re train myself to be alright with a quick mile run and that's all, or swimming for 20 minutes and that's it. I feel so accomplished by completing a challenge that I set for myself and sometimes when I don't feel challenged I want to give up. Well, time for a new leaf.....this is all part of the experience of this blog....my journey...every part of it...

This doesn't mean I'm giving up my long bike rides or running or anything.....I'm just going to try and let things flow a little more smoothly so that exercise and nutrition do not feel like an obligation, but a privilege, and a thoroughly enjoyable one.

Today I went swimming for about 20 minutes, did a couple of laps and some fun flips and some swimming under water. Later I ran a mile and then went swimming at night with some friends. As we were floating in the pool chatting I was doing leg lifts and treading water off and on for about half an hour...I see this as a good and active day and I'm happy to say I'm getting back on my fitness horse!

yee haw!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment