Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Midnight Snack

A big downfall for me has always been eating at night. This is partially from getting home after 8 or 9 pm and being hungry from a days work. I really need to break this habit, because that is really what it has become for me, a habit. A fat habit.

Eating before bed can be problematic in multiple ways. First; your body will not likely properly digest the food that you ate, causing bloating, gas and cramping in the morning. blagh... Secondly; Your body is working to digest food while you are supposed to be resting and recuperating for the next day, not only will you feel bloated, crampy, gassy and fat in the morning, but you will be tired throughout the day. This is really not sounding worth it at all. Lastly; all the extra NON-BURNED calories have to go somewhere......I have a couple key areas it's evident they like to go.

Lots of people like to say NO EATING AFTER 7! Well, it's really more like "Don't eat meals or heavy foods 3 hours before bed." If you usually don't go to bed until 12 or 1.....you can still eat a small meal up to 9 or 10...I would also consider how active you'll be those 3 hours leading up to sleepy time.

After work I got a mile in before getting too relaxed. Tonight was faster at 9:44...I was happy with that. I also did some stretching and leg lifts, 3 sets of 20.I was feeling very snacky tonight, I'm happy to say I had a nectarine!

No comments:

Post a Comment