Monday, August 29, 2011

Slow and Steady gets faster

Well, things have been going pretty well with running these past couple of weeks. I've been working on my mile to build some strength and trying not to overdo my distance and avoid injury. Ive been trying to pay close attention to my form and it has really made a difference.

When I picked back up on running this summer and started to work on my mile I was running about a 10 minute mile. I've been working that down to low or mid 9's. Quickest mile thus far has been 9:07. Now that I feel a little bit better about my mile time and I feel my legs are a teency bit stronger, I'm going to start picking up those runs to 1.5 and 2 miles.....still throwing one milers in there to work on my speed progress.

I'm capable of running further..but right now, distance is not my goal, it's strength and speed....once I can elevate those areas, distance will come more quickly and less painfully. 

New goal for my mile is sub 9 minute...should come along shortly with the way I have been progressing.

I still have not had a bike ride for a couple of months and I am really excited to get back on my bike. I'll have a great opportunity this week, we are going up to Houghton Lake for the whole holiday. I'm heading up tomorrow night and Kath will be meeting up with me Thursday night. There are plenty of gorgeous areas to ride and run there.....I plan on taking advantage of them. I'll be driving up in the jeep with half doors and no hard or soft top and my bike on the back!  VERY Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment