Sunday, August 07, 2011

Take the edge off

The last two days were really nice, what a great weekend. I find that when I've had a run, long or short, it really smooths all my edges. Areas where I may be feeling moody or cranky or edgy, even a quick run can really sand those puppies down.

Yesterday I ran a mile and did forearm pulls on the Total Gym, 3 sets of 25, I felt that today in my arms. My mile was 10:50.....not fast....but decent for me. I added another quarter mile after doing my arm reps for good measure. Later I shot some hoops outside for about half an hour, I am REALLY rusty...but I love bball, later I went for a nice dip to cool off.

Today I ran another mile, sped it up a bit to 9:59. This is actually a pretty decent mile for me. My goal with these single mile runs is to make myself run a little faster and get used to running faster before I increase my mileage. I'm also running in my WT10 minimus shoes, which are a strengthening tool all on their own. This is a different approach for me, but I like it so far. I also did bicep pulls on the total gym, 3 sets of 25.  Right after my workout I played some more bball for about 45 minutes....my shots improved but I am still VERY rusty.  My GAGA remixes definitely had a part in me bringing down my mile time. : )

Those two days of some fun exercise felt great...I can feel that my body is stronger from all the effort I put in during April and May. I'm really looking forward to a decent bike ride...soon.

Now to balance my athletic efforts at fitness.....I'm going to make mini cheesecakes, they will take another kind of edge off....and I'm sure they will help "round" me out.

I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment