Monday, August 15, 2011

Thanks Chuck Norris

Although I have not checked in for several days, I am indeed keeping to my fabylous efforts. I have ran a few times since my last post, chipping my mile down a bit; 9:44, 9:34, 9:32. It seems that just above 9:30 is where it's at for me right now, I'll try to shoot for that range when I incorporate a quick mile into my workout. Right now I know I couldn't hold that pace, my goal for now is to work toward being able to hold a 10 minute pace for a 5k. I plan to continue working on my mile and getting used to a little more speed and then pushing myself a little further when I feel ready.

In addition to light running; I'm working on some pretty simple leg, core and upper body exercises. I love having a total gym....there are a lot of jokes about Chuck Norris, really good ones actually ! All joking aside, Chuck created the Total Gym and for working out at home it's really great. There are a ton of strengthening exercises you can do all on one machine. There is certainly more room for error with the total gym versus using a bunch of different machines that are all specified for certain exercises. For me, it gets the job done as long as you do your homework and make sure your positioning and posture are correct. The brightest side is being able to target so many areas and still work out at home. My parents have a total gym and I used to use it when I lived with them, I found someone selling a used one online for something like 60 bucks years ago....smokin' deal.

Something else I've been doing for years, but am doing with a but more vigor and diligence now, is doing crunches, leg lifts and lifting free weights while watching tv. It's nice to be accomplishing something while you watch the death box.

They once made a Chuck Norris toilet paper, but it wouldn't take shit from anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment