Thursday, April 21, 2011

20+ some extra Protein

I was so excited to finally have a sunny and supposedly warm day to get out and ride. Well, I went today and whooooo it was cold when I left! There was also this B!tchin' 20 mph wind providing some serious resistance! All in all, the first 20 miler and longest ride this season is behind me and it was rather enjoyable.

I received an extra dose of protein along the way. After leaving my parking spot, I had ridden about 1 mile, when I realized I had left my water bottle in the Jeep. I thought, ehhhhh, I'll just follow this loop and stop at the jeep after about 5 miles and grab it. A mile or so after this internal conversation a HUGE, NASTY bug flew right into my throat!! AGH! I was really grossed out by this and really regretting my decision not to turn around for my water. So I got to ride another 3 miles with this creeped out feeling and no water.

I mean, this bug was big enough that I saw its body before I ATE it!

2 comments:

  1. Eww.. if I ever have to eat a bug I hope it's at least chocolate covered!

    I look forward to following your blog Ab.

    Good luck on your quest to fabbylous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The extra protein will help you with weight loss. LOL!
    I've swallowed some unwelcome protein before and look at me - I'm thin! hehehe

    Good luck! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete