Saturday, April 30, 2011

A week in running

I consider Saturday to be the official end of my workout week. I have decided that Sunday is bonus day. This does not mean that Sunday is a slack off day, but I figure I just won't really have expectations for Sunday. If I bike 30 miles, GREAT, if I just run a quick 2, that's fine too.

Week 2 of my Flabby to Fabby transition has come to a close and I feel moderately satisfied. I ran a neat 20 miles this week and that is probably in my top two or three longest running weeks for the past ten years. I feel good about hitting a five mile run this week as well. I'm not thrilled that the past two days I only ran 2 miles each day, but I don't want to push too hard out of the gate and get injured, especially while doing strengthening runs with my WT10's.

My legs feel pretty good, I am having some tightness on the inner side of my soleus muscle (lower calf muscle) on my left leg, so I'm taking the mileage a little easy. Next week will be back to biking. I have a set a goal, I would like to complete a collective mileage of 100 miles next week, between running and biking.

Week in review 4/24/11-4/30/11:

*Each day includes some variation of strength training other than a run

Easter Sunday - 2 mile Run (wt10 strengthening) **bonus day, I don't count the mileage toward my week

Monday -  4 mile run

Tuesday - 5 mile run

Wednesday - 3 mile run (wt10 strengthening)

Thursday - 4 mile run

Friday - 2 mile run (wt10 strengthening)

Saturday - 2 mile run

20 mile week, not too shabby for a Flabby

No comments:

Post a Comment