Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wake up and stretch!

I am feeling it today.....had to wake up and stretch this morning! My running distance this week has been more than I have done in over a year, plus the strength training. It feels good to have sore muscles, this means I am getting stronger! I like strength training, but there is nothing like a good cardio workout to really get your blood circulation going and boost your fitness level.

Stretching is so important, yet I hate doing it. It is hard not to half a$$ through stretching and cut it short. I'm trying to take more time with it, but I just get bored.

If anyone has any stretching techniques that you enjoy, please share!

TIP:  If muscles start getting really sore and uncomfortable, sometimes you stop being proud and it starts to put a damper on your day. I learned this from my old man; take a Motrin and a Tylenol or two. The Mortin is an anti inflammatory, takes down the swelling, and the Tylenol is a pain reliever, combined they are magical....just magical.

Off to another day in the life of Flabby2fabbylous!

No comments:

Post a Comment